One year since radiosurgery

Well today is exactly one year since I had my radiosurgery. Still playing the waiting game but I do have an angiogram scheduled for later this month so that will give me a better idea of where I’m at. For a few days the pain was so bad that tylenol was not touching it…the last couple of days the pain has calmed a bit so I hope that continues. I have noticed pain radiating back to the site where my AVM is and where i had my radiation. I have no idea if this is normal or not. There’s lots about this that doesnt seem normal and I just have to take it as it comes. Anyways hopefully by next year this time I can say my AVM is gone until then I continue to soldier on.

So far so good then, C! If you are having some symptoms, though, and you’re worrying that they might not be normal, do give your surgeon a call. If the doc says it’s nothing, no need to worry. If the doc is concerned, it’s all under control. Really, doctors expect that of their patients.

Let us know how it goes!

Seenie

1 Like

Hi C:

For the entire month after my Radiation, I had mild headaches, a partially numb scalp, and a burning sensation all over my head. After that, things pretty much returned to normal, but I still have a few numb spots on my scalp that I can easily deal with. I pray you get an excellent diagnosis next year this time. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Sharon D…

1 Like