Novalis TX

t's been a while. My sister finally went through her angiograms, Wada, several appointments with neurologists, neurosurgeon, radiologists etc at the University Hospital in San Antonio TX. The finally decided a craniotomy would be too risky and idd a radio static surgery on 8th June using a metal helo screwed into her hed and Novalis TX. It was a long and painful day and we are hopeful that this will be the only required treatment. Her aneurysm was coiled in April and we confirmed that it is no longer "active" The AVM as you all know should take about 2 years. Her AVM is less than 3 cmm and doctors are confident that this will do it! The first 3 days she felt pretty good except for some pain where the helmet had been attached. As days went by the opposite side of her head is numb, the can't sleep from the pain. She took a steroids for a week and is now on pain medication. In spite of the medicaiton she is still in pain. We will go back to the doctor. It hurts to see her go through this. Has anyone here had a Novalis procedure? Would you share your experience?

I want to let you know that I have been reading your experiences and you are all quite an amazing group. You are strong and my prayers are with you. I am so lucky to have found this website. Thank you Ben for what you do.