Nose bleeds caused by AVMs

I agree, there are so many things we don’t understand or know enough about and in the 70s or 80s, nobody checked for much at all, haha. I’ve tried consulting the great Internet about this and found no research or evidence of connection but asking on various groups, it seems to coexist on a fairly regular basis, whether it’s a comorbidity or simply a coincidence. Maybe it could be explained by the increased cranial pressure but as one of the mods said, it’s more likely to be from frontal lobe AVMs than any further back…

Mine is in the back about 1” behind my left ear & about 1/2” down

I can’t remember the exact sections it was in(I remember it was considered in two) - which makes one of the tougher places to operate if a resect was necessary

1 Like

I have had nose bleeds since my haemorrhage and edema. Sometimes it just feels like my nose is damp and when I shove tissue up there is drenched in fresh blood, it only lasts a few minutes. Very frustrated. Doctors have said it’s probably a weak vessel up my nose though

1 Like

This is quite the serendipitous post. I’m thinking about getting the genetic test for HHT.

1 Like

Just a quick aside, if you have HHT, which not everybody that has an AVM (arteriovenous malformation) has HHT (hereditary homogeneous teleglansia). However, a lot do. Ms. Marianne Clancy of www.curehht.org has quite a great deal of information you might find helpful. I’m just a beggar telling other beggars where to find food!

1 Like

Six months before I hemorrhaged, I felt like I was having a nose bleed while I was at the gym

I ran to the bathroom & grabbed some paper towels - but, instead of blood it was spinal fluid(I had no clue what it was at the time)

Gosh, that sounds scary! What did it look like?

U asked

2 Likes

I Never had a nose bleed however I had one a day before my cranial AVM rupture that came out of nowhere which didn’t want to stop, the AVM rupture was difficult to It to stop bleeding. To me they seem to be related but like everything else with AVM ruptures not much is really known about cause and affect.

2 Likes

nose bleeds and treated or untreated AVMs defo, same side defo.

I had mines treated somewhat, never ever had a nosebleeds in my life until treated though, same side, i also pour of blood from my gums same side. I kinda feel that after embolisations the blood with find a way out one way or another, well it does in my instance 100%

1 Like