No Idea What an AVM Was!

Just joined the site. My husband had an AVM rupture on 5/9/09. We never even knew he had an AVM and didn’t have any idea what it was. Our life has not been the same since. All I can say is I miss him. It’s like I grieve for him yet he is still here. We used to have so much fun together . . . now everything is just different.

Hi Valerie. Very few of us here ever heard of an AVM then it strikes and changes our lives forever. I found a sub-group here that might be helpful...

group/spousesofavmsurvivors

Go to the main page scroll down look on the lower right corner...you will see groups...hit view all and you should find them. You will be in my prayers.

I hope things are imrpoving for you its a very scary time stay strong

Hi Valerie. I remember the country singer Barbara Mandrell had a horrible car crash in 1984. I copied this from another site...

The brain injury left her confused, agitated, prone to bouts of ecstasy and rage.

She did not suffer cardiac arrest and made a full recovery.

Life can be terribly hard on the caregiver. You are still in my prayers!!!!!

I can’t stand the mood swings. Really missing our old life. And . . . I hate the phrase “new normal”.

Oh Valerie. It is small consolation but I am praying for you! We all know some days can be hard!

Oh Valerie. It is small consolation but I am praying for you! We all know some days can be hard!

Valerie,

I sympathise with you, my husband had an AVM rupture on 15 December 2011 and is still in hospital. I know exactly how you feel, sometimes I feel that it is not my husband as he has changed. He is not quite so agitated as he was a couple of weeks ago when our life seemed like hell. He seems more calm and yet so desperate to go home but very unsteady and still suffering from periods of nausea and sickness. How long can this possibly last?

Pauline,

It's so hard. Life will change for you and your family but hang in there. Your husband needs you. My husband went through so much anger and depression. He was also in rehab for about a year after the rupture. He will never be the same again and it's hard to accept it. Please keep me posted and I'll help you as much as I can. God bless you and your family.