No answers today, so on to another Doctor

My really nice neurosurgeon put me on Keppra thinking I was having mild seizures. He decided after my appointment today that I need to see a neurologist and now I have to gradually wean off the Keppra. I’m not sure I am even going to continue to see more doctors since there doesn’t seem to be an actually answer since I have not had a full bleed yet. The episodes of numbness in my face and left arm I guess I will just live with it and hope if something does end up happening, they will be able to help me in time. I think I just need to put it in God’s hands now. If anyone else has a suggestion for me, I am all ears. Thanks for the shoulder!!!

1 Like

Q,

I’m currently living with numbness in my left ear, my left jaw and tongue, behind and above my right ear, on the outside of my upper left arm, and half way down my right leg on the top and outside there is a numb spot. I guess you could say that I’m a walking numb spot.

And I haven’t had a bleed. Not even a partial one.

And that, along with $3.50 at McDonalds will buy you a cup of coffee…….(something a friend of mine says quite often after voicing an opinion)

TJ

Hey there! Seen you’ve kinda been going though the ringer but kudos for taking the initiative! As someone who has survived four bleeds, I can say, multiple times over, I should not be here. My bleeds should have killed me but didn’t. But one thing I did, and I’m not suggesting you should, but I got a second opinion @Duke Medical Center. Drs. Hauck, Boisevert, and others treated me and helped me find out why I lost vision on right side (it was a bleed that happened in 2018/19). Why do I say this though? I contacted Duke when my previous doctors had signed off on my case and closed the file! So I say that to say, you are your best advocate! If something doesn’t feel right, better to be cautious than end up dead from a ruptured Annie! I hope all continues to go well for you! Blessings as you continue!

2 Likes

This seems to be good news. Once the neurosurgeon feels that you are in a safe position, they refer you to a neurologist for continued care. I have found that neurologist can give you what ever attention you need. I’d suggest seeing one and lay out a plan.

Just FYI, I was diagnosed with an AVM at age 64 after a seizure. I had two more seizures over the next three years and a bled. After radiation treatment I’m on the road to recovery.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I am not in a safe position, he just can’t do the surgery so it is more sending me for a 3rd opinion. Who knows maybe he will have the answer. Doc did say I can have another round of radiation though if that is what is decided to be best to shrink it. That would mean ANOTHER angiogram which I don’t do well with. Thanks for everyone helping me out. It is very much appreciated.

1 Like

If I may, at Duke University medical center, the can do a wrist angiogram. It is much less invasive. Blessings you continue!

1 Like

THANK YOU. You can’t imagine how much hope that gives me. My first treatments and my cyber knife radiation was done at UNC when I lived in NC. I am going to ask my neurosurgeon here in TN at Vanderbilt

1 Like