Next angiogram

I got a call from my hospital because I have an angiogram next July 2! They told me that in order to confirm that my AVM is gone the angiogram is better than the RM. I am a little nervous because I have to stay at least two days at the hospital, but I hope that I will get “AVM gone” certificate two years after my bleeding!

2 Likes

Wishing the best news and can’t wait to hear! Take Care, John

1 Like

David,

Best wishes from me, too! Good luck!

Richard

1 Like

That’s exciting! I have had a few angiograms and even though there not nice I have been told that it is the only way to get a true look at the AVM or in your case I hope lack of it.
Each of mine has differed in recovery times suggested by the hospital staff varying from an overnight stay to 6 hrs laid down, eating before and not eating before the procedure and medication offered and not offered.
Even though I don’t like taking medication I highly recommend asking for a pre-med if you are nervous, definitely pain killers for after (I tend to get lots of pain after the local anathstetic has worn off) and even something to help you sleep. If you have any more questions I can tell you what happened at mine.
Good Luck!!

1 Like

100% avm free after my angiogram!

Fantastic news! JOhn

1 Like

Fantastic! Party like no one can hear the noise and dance like no one is watching!

1 Like