Newbie and recently diagnosed with DAVF

Day 11 - update
It seems like just yesterday that I was being admitted into the hospital. My embo was definitely not an easy one, but I’m the type of person that doesn’t let anything get me down and will power through it all.

Due to having an embo in both groins (along with hematomas in both) I was in a lot of pain. In addition they used angio seals on both sites, and man that collagen is hard and makes it difficult to bend, get up or walk.

But here I am day 11 and I drove for the first time yesterday, can now shower and walk around without any assistance. I’d say my pain level is 1…if not a close 0. My neck is still a tad sore since my fistula was in my carotid artery and they put in 5 stents plus 1 stent wall.

All in all knowing what they all did, I’d have to say my recovery was “easy”. It could have been worse and so I’m thankful for that.

My procedure : 40 coils + 5 stents + 1 wall stent in the left internal carotid artery. 6 hours. 1 day in ICU and half day in a regular hospital room.

That’s no small operation, I feel! It’s great to hear from you!

I was quite sore for at least a couple of weeks post op but I continually say that it was a perfectly gettable-throughable thing for me. I’m not brave when it comes to this sort of thing (I’m not sure I’m brave full-stop!) but I got through it fine and it’s great to hear you are doing just as well.

Take it easy! It’s a big thing and I think you’ll find it will take you really quite some time to get used to how it all feels.

Very best wishes,

Richard

Thanks Aivilo, still bad tinitus but I guess I will get used to it. Still praising God every night and day that I’m still here. I have a follow up with my neurologist June 10.