First of all I want to let you know that reading your stories here has already helped me a lot with information and recognition. Thank you so much for that!!
Here is my story and some questions. On an MRI and a later MRA requested by the neurologist after new headaches (and one time aura), this avm (3 cm) was found in te right temporal side of my brain (in may this year). Although I tried to approach the news rationally, off course I got scared and confused. Last week I had an appt with a vascular neurologist, who gave me the option of " wait and see", or go for an angiogram to find out if and if so which treatment options would be suitable. What a decision to be made. After reading and thinking and talking to people I decided to go for the angiogram because I need to know how severe (or not) this is.
I was wondering if any of you got the explicit option of waiting/not doing anything (also before doing an angiogram) and what did you do. Any one of you who decided to not go through with examination and/or treatment?
Another question is anybody out here with a relatively small right temporal avm? I am curious what treatment did you get? Did you suffer side effects?
Also, and I have been reading quite some similar stories here, I would like to tell that I also had symptoms that, looking back, may be related to having this avm. Such as extreme tiredness since childhood (always needing a lot of sleep), having seizures (that always have been labeled as fainting) and a proneness to depression (suffered severe depression between age 20-25). I have always been an very active person who loves running and hiking in mountains. But I also always experienced longer periods in which I found myself almost feared of movement. Now I think these periods might have been like natural, instinctive ways of my body to taking needed rest.
I want to wish everybody here reading all the good luck in the world.
Many greetings (from the Netherlands)