New Neurosurgeon

@Zarah

I’m hoping your angiogram went well this week.

Sending positive thoughts your way…

Richard

Thanks for asking. My angiogram was ok, I felt the discomfort of the contrast dye in my brain and it wasn’t a fun experience. It was also difficult to stay lying on my back for more than 10 hours, now happily back home and trying to rest. Yesterday I forgot and exhausted myself, so felt very tired and lost my appetite the whole day.
Is it normal u feel weak after angiogram ? In morning I feel ok, but once the afternoon hits, am so tired and weak.
The results came back yesterday and say that I don’t have an AVM nor aneurysm nor DVA.
So am meeting with a different neurosurgeon for a second opinion. Dr. Hudák was 100% sure that my MRI was misdiagnosed and the angiogram didn’t detect any AVM.
Am still worried though!
I’ll keep u posted.
My appointment with a different neurosurgeon is scheduled for February, so I’ll let u know.
Have a nice day.

I think the contrast material addles the brain. It may depend on which arteries it was injected into as to which bits of your brain are affected by it significantly. Definitely a bit like a hangover.

Hi Richard,
Hope you are fine.
Just wanted to check with you if it’s normal to feel a little nod underneath my skin close to where the incision happened?
There’s actually two small ones.
I just realized that and doctor didn’t say anything about it. Shall I get it checked ?

I had similar, actually. I had what felt like quite a hard lump that was throbbing in time with my pulse. I went to set the doc and he was comfortable it was not to worry about, though I am sure he was also ok that I got him to check.

So… worth discussing with a doctor or one of the neuroradiology nurses.

Thank you very much for your reply.
When did it dissolve though.
I’ll try to book an appointment soon with him to check it up.
Have a nice evening.

I don’t remember. I don’t quite remember what he decided the lump was, though I think it was the results of the bleed and was subsequently dissolved again.

1 Like