New Member concerned about recurrence

I had my AVM embolization procedure completed on July 7, 2015. I continue to have some of the same symptoms. My mind wanders to the dangers of recurrence or future complications (such as a bleed from the smaller parts of the fistula that they could not embolize). Does anyone have information regarding incidence of recurrence for dural AVMs?
Many thanks,

Bill, you should have a conversation with your doc, as he’s the only one with specific knowledge of your Dural AVM.

There’s limited studies on AVMs because they’re rare, and have so many variables. Recurrence does happen on occasion, but you’ll be happy to know that John Hopkins and Mass General (both highly regarded for AVM treatment) have embolization as an option.

We can drive ourselves crazy with worry, but a wiseman once said not to worry over things we can’t control. It’s a worthy goal, though. :slight_smile:

Does your doc have an angiogram scheduled at the one year mark? You can ask for one if he doesn’t for peace of mind. All the best!

Thank you so much. Yes, I will be having a follow on MRI/MRA next summer (about a year after the embolization procedure). Probably just need to take a deep breath and not dwell on it.

Easier said than done. I have the same challenge… :slight_smile: