New here, spouse just diagnosed

Thank you for the words of encouragement!

2 Likes

Hi. I have left temporal AVM. Diagnosed after car accident. Total shock. Lost license for a year. Thought was the end but you cope. The year whizzed by and my initial having no surgery etc changed and I had gamma knife 10 months later so far ok. 6 month check up due soon. Just take it a day at a time. Most importantly don’t panic.

3 Likes

Also to say. You do get your license back. It feels like you are being punished but stick with it and get your medical team to support if you can. If not don’t give up. Gamma was choice of three for me. Could cope with surgery but actually now wish I’d done it as no waiting time important to not stress.

3 Likes

Definitely taking it a day at a time and calming down after the initial shock. I’m so glad you are doing well after the gamma knife! Did a seizure cause the car accident? Any seizures post gamma? If so any meds for it? Thanks!

1 Like

For what it’s worth, for my 1986-7 battle, we started the embolizations locally they messed up and a Dr Charles Lerner at UCSD was the man of the year with these things. I am sure he has retired but if it were me, I would look into them.

2 Likes

Thanks! Much appreciated!

1 Like