New guy here: Spinal AVM

Hi my name is Anthony. I want to say hi.and introduce myself. I was diagnosed with a spinal avm in 2008. First rupture. And then it ruptured again 2017. Still healing from the last one. Its been almost 3 years since. Still partially paralyzed from the mid back down. Life has been such a challenge since.although the days get easier to deal with the struggle doesn’t go away.

3 Likes

Anthony,

Welcome! It’s great you found us and I hope you find good comradeship among our @Spinal folk.

I have a brain AVF and I know spinal stuff very much depends on whereabouts in your spine you have the AVF as to what troubles it gives you. Are you comfortable or do you have significant, regular pain?

Very best wishes,

Richard

Hi Anthony. I too had a SDAVF. I had surgery about 2 1/2 years ago. I’m doing well, but still struggle with walking. I have tingling and burning in both legs. It is important to keep moving and doing all we can. I can tell I am getting better, but it is painfully slow. I like to stretch each day and I have a recumbent stepper that I exercise on. Keep your spirits up and know that you are not alone in your struggles.

Welcome and I am Dave from Abilene, Texas.

1 Like

Nice to meet you dave. Yeah i have constant nerve pain.legs feel like they’re asleep and won’t wake up.my
One of them has. I got the foot drop thing going on which Is so annoying. I have showed alot of improvement mostly due to rebuilding muscle.and getting through the mental stress of it all.

1 Like

That sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. We just need to keep pushing. Have a great day.

1 Like