New Bleed after SRS

Hello AVM family,

It's been over a month since I've logged on and to all of my friends I apologize. A few weeks before Christmas I ecperienced a massive headache and numbness on my left side in my arm, fingers and toes. My mom rushed me to the ER where the doctors confirmed that I had had another bleed/stroke. My heart broke when I heard them tell me. I was airlifted via helicopter to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center. When I told them I had been treated at UCLA they decided to make arrangements to transfer me yet again to UCLA. Before doing so they performed a lumbar puncture and found blood in my spinal fluid which they determined was there because of the bleed. I was placed on steroids to evacuate the blood and transferred.

Once transferred to UCLA (I was there for almost two weeks), I received the best possible care under Dr. Antonio DeSalles. I cannot express with words how well I was treated and what a blessing it was to be in his care. I was placed back on Dilantin as well as Morphine, hydrocodone, and another pain med which I can't recall at the moment. I was closely monitored because of the swelling and given steroids to get the swelling under control. I felt like doing nothing but sleep.

I had a dream one night, which I'm still not positive was a dream, but something told me that I was going to make it out of this situation alright. My heart carries the weight every day of the AVM in my brain. I also have found that I have to pray not only for my physical condition but for my mental state as well. I've found that little headaches and pains are making me nervous because I'm afraid that it's indicative of another bleed. I pray for us all friends and this recent experience has again taught me so much. Each and every one of us has a fight in us and a will. I hope that in this short post I've touched someone on this site.

Again friends, you are all in my prayers and heart.

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

You are in my prayers. Stay stronge.

Jessica you wonderful-strong-loving-beautiful woman you touch many always .

You are resting and allowing those who offer to assist you to do so , yes ?

Be good to you . Take care of you .

Positive thoughts and loving prayers for you and yours .

May God guide , guard and hold you in the palm of His hand as always .

My heart and prayers go out to you. Thank you for sharing you experience with us. I often forget just how delicate and dangerous our avms are. My doctors show more concern for my condition than what I do. It must be the stubbornness in me - Ha Ha.

try to get plenty of rest and allow yourself to heal. Watch a good movie and have a bowl of ice-cream, that's what I do.

Hi Jessica. I too had a massive headache (lasted 10 hrs) + numbness a few months ago, but stupid me that I didn’t go to the ER to have it checked. When you got to the ER - what kind of tests did they perform to see that it was a bleed?

Jessica,

So sorry to hear you've suffered another bleed. My heart and thoughts go out to you. I am happy to hear you were transferred to UCLA. I am an AVM survivor since my surgery by Dr. Martin at UCLA. The entire staff was excellent. I wish you the best. Take care.

Jessica,

I pray you get well soon.

Amy- Thank you so muc for your prayers.

Marie- UCLA is the best. I have to agree with you on that one. Thanks for the well wishes and prayers.

Riley's Mom- The only test performed when I got to the ER was a CT, however when I went my mom took along my huge packet of medical records which included the discs with all of my previous scans. Bases on what they saw from the previous scans and the cloudiness they saw in the new scans, they determined that the "cloud" covering the location of the AVM was blood from a new bleed. I want to wish you all the best and you will be in my prayers. Keep in touch. :-)

Ben- I completely agree with you. It's so easy on the "good" days to forget what's going on in our brains. I have to say that I don't remember an actual day when there wasn't some sort of pain or discomfort. I've put on a few pounds, so instead of ice cream I bought some grapefruit cups which satisfy my craving for sweets...and oh... I love gummi bears :-) I wish you the best on your road to recovery as well.

Marianne and Louisa- Thank you both and I'll keep in touch.

To all of you- God bless and we have to stay strong. You guys are my inspiration. Thanks again.

1 Like

My Prayers are with you! Stay stong and keep fighting,u have to stay poative and know that all things are been worked out!Your in Gods Hand and he will never leave your side!