New And Lots of Questions re DAVF

Sorry Wendawes for the delay. My heart situation is a very, very long story. You can message me privately if you like.

No, I haven’t had treatment yet for the dural fistula. Have you?

1 Like

I would like to private message you to chat more but not sure how I do this! (sorry new to this site) I’ll have look and try and figure it out, look after yourself x

1 Like

Hi Richard (and Angela4, wales) had my angiogram with no sedation in the end, reckon I was just overthinking things as it wasn’t too bad. The only scary bit was when they put the dye in over the side of the avm, this made me feel extremely dizzy. The consultant nueroradiologist said in his opinion it didn’t look too aggressive and graded it a 2a. Just waiting for an appointment to see the neurologist to decide where to go from here. Hope you’re feeling well, look after yourself x

2 Likes

If you ever want to send a Private Message to a user, click on their icon or “avatar”, e.g. mine is a green “D”. A pop-up box appears with information about the user and a blue “Message” button. Click on that button. It takes you into a dialogue to write a message, in two parts: first a title; then you need to click into the body of the message to type the message.

When it comes to getting replies (or finding the conversation at a later date, since it is not listed in the public posts) you can find messages in your message inbox or sent box. To find these, click on your own icon or avatar in the top right corner of any screen (yours is an airforce blue “W”) and then select the envelope icon. This takes you to your inbox.

Hope that helps!

Richard

Thanks Richard x

@Wendawes I am so glad your angiogram went well and that you did not need to be knocked out. If you need another one maybe ask for some nausea meds like zofran and it might help with dizzy feeling I am very sensitive and always need zofran or meds like it - I totally forgot about that. That is also great about the graded I dont even recall about the grade of mine but I was still recovering from my big stroke and not in my best mind. I hope you hear back soon from the neuro- I hate waiting its always nerve racking - Let us know when you hear and what the plan of attack is from the neuro. I go in Sept and hope I dont have to go back in for another angiogram. Hope its just another round of MRVs and MRAs.
Hugs
Angela

Thanks Angela, I’ll let you know as soon as I have an appointment through …good luck with yours.
Look after yourself x

Hi Richard, can I ask if I need to notify the DVLA about my davf …I was reading back through your story and I think at one point you mentioned getting your licence back? x

Yes. It is your responsibility to notify DVLA. I would ask your doctor whether they believe it is necessary for what you have, then notify them. I think DAVFs are a “must notify anyway” but some AVMs are dependent on whether it is “supratentorial” or “infratentorial” in affect or position and whether intervention is deemed medically necessary.