Neuro and health-related books I've enjoyed!

Books I've enjoyed throughout the 23 years as a CM patient:

A BOMB IN THE BRAIN: A HEROIC TALE OF SCIENCE, SURGERY & SURGERY,” by Steve Fishman
“BRAIN SURGEON,” by Lawrence Shainberg
“I HAD BRAIN SURGERY, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?” by Suzy Becker
“WHEN THE AIR HITS YOUR BRAIN: TALES FROM NEUROSURGERY”” by Frank Vertosick, Jr.
“GIFTED HANDS: THE BEN CARSON STORY,” by Ben Carson and Cecil Murphey
“THE ANATOMY OF HOPE: HOW PEOPLE PREVAIL IN THE FACE OF ILLNESS,” by Jerome Groopman
“OVER MY HEAD: A DOCTOR’S STORY OF HEAD INJURY FROM THE INSIDE LOOKING OUT,” by Claudia L Osborn
“SLOW DANCE: A STORY OF STROKE, LOVE & DISABILITY,” by Bonnie S. Klein
“DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY: OR WHEN I GET ON MY FEET AGAIN YOU'LL BE SORRY,” by Julia Fox Garrison
“HELP ME TO HEAL: A PRACTICAL GUIDEBOOK FOR PATIENTS, VISITORS, AND CAREGIVERS,” by Bernie S. Siegel
“MATTERS OF GRAY AND WHITE: A NEUROLOGIST, HIS PATIENTS, AND THE MYSTERIES OF THE BRAIN,” by Russell Martin
“THE BRAIN HAS A MIND OF IT'S OWN: INSIGHTS FROM A PRACTICING NEUROLOGIST,” by Richard Restak, M.D.
“BRAIN MATTERS: STORIES OF A NEUROLOGIST AND HIS PATIENTS,” by Bruce H. Dobkin, M.D.
“BRAIN SURGEON: A DOCTOR'S INSPIRING ENCOUNTERS WITH MORTALITY AND MIRACLES,” Keith Black, M.D.
"Brain Storms: Surviving Catastrophic Illness," by Les Duncan

"The Unstoppable Life," by Kat & Steve Sanders

Happy reading! :)

Patti

Please add this one to your list: “Unstoppable Life”. My husband and I wrote it and it will be available on amazon.com in a couple weeks. Or you can go on the website: www.theunstoppablelife.com
I’m doing whatever I can to spread the word about AVMs and also to teach people how precious life is!

Done Kat! :slight_smile:

Because I had my brain bleed on my left temp lobe, I can’t read so I listen to books on CD. Does anyone know a great book that is on CD?

Louisa,
Have you checked w/your local library to see what’s available?
I volunteer @ ours and know there’s A LOT of great audio books available.
Google your library and you’ll probably find their website where you can search and request books of interest.
Patti