Nervous after embolization

everytime I hear an alarm clock or something shoots my heart rate up suddenly this week I’m worried something could trigger an ill effect after having my first embolization this week. I’m worried by hearing the new pulse somewhere else in my head and the other new sounds and sensations that just aren’t normal for me leading to some kind of catastrophe that I had been trying to avoid by having the embolization done in the first place. and the special Operating room that is needed for the procedures at KU Med near where I live just went terminally offline from what the doctor told me and I now have 8-10 more weeks of this anxious waiting until the new one is operational. any suggestions or stress hints or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

I can remember the night that I came home after my embo I was so afraid that something bad would happen. It was the most emotional part of my whole ordeal. I started to write about anything and everything. I wrote notes to my kids and made a list of all of my log ins and passwords. Just tried to make things easier if the worst did happen. I also wrote my general feelings and fears. Looking at them made me accept them and see them for what they were. Best part of it was I never had to give them to anyone. Crying helped as well. I helped me release all the pent up anger. I was mad when my AVM was discovered, but also so thankful it was me and not a loved one. Spending a lot of time on this site did me a world of good as well. It was nice to know there are other people who have been there and done that. I hope that at least one of my suggestions helps you and that you find peace in your stress and fears.

Hi Peter,

You might want to try searching youtube for a guided meditation, or slow, deep breathing exercises, or something else to calm you down. This kind of exercise would bring your blood pressure down at the same time as it helps you let go of anxiety.

JH

Hi Peter. Jamie and Jh have very good advice. I have done (and still do some) what both of them had said for a few years now. It does help. It helps a lot, actually. I want to add…I often play soft music or what some call, “New Age” music. That helps me to be relaxed and calm. I often play it at a low volume, more like back ground music in my home. I usually have it on for hours at a time. Especially when I’m having a bad day.

THE BEST THING I HAVE FOUND IS A LOT OF REST, DONT TRY TO HANDLE A LOT OF BUSINESS MAKE A LOT OF DECISION, PRAY EVERY MORIN , JUST CHILLIN EVERYDAY, EAT RIGHT DRINK THE WATER, AS YOU FEEL A LITTLE BETTER MAYBE WALK A LITTLE BUT NOT TO MUCH AT FIRST. I DIDNT HAVE ANY TROUBLE AFTER MY FIRST ONE. NO PAIN AND WAS REALLY BACK TO MY NORMAL SELF BUT I KNEW I STILL HAD MY AVM IN MY HEAD SO I DIDNT OVER DO IT. YOU WILL BE OK IT DIDNT HURT AND NOW IT’S ALL OVER EVERYTHING GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE