Need suggestions for home health care or equivalent for sister in Atlanta

> I am trying to locate an AVM support group in Atlanta. My sister had AVM surgery (outside the brain) one year ago. She cannot perform personal
tasks without assistance, has balance problems and falls, tremors, and a lack
of eye coordination, etc. My other sister and I live in Fla and Ala. We got her a script for pt, but need information to provide her with home health care. She has bc/bs, the federal long term care policy and has just been determined Disabled, so she should be eligible for Medicare services. She lives with her
son who works all day and is wonderful.

I would appreciate receiving some direction to a health care ombudisman for the disabled or anyone else who can direct me to find folks in the Atlanta area who can suggest what we can do next to get her the services she need.
We travel to help her, but are not the long-term solution.

Thank you,
Chris Giblin
727-■■■■■■■■
727-■■■■■■■■
cgiblin1@yahoo.

There are so many different places to call in Georgia about this matter, and I have found many listings for near Altanta, GA. I would suggest the following as a beginning point.

www.google.com the type in your seach home health care agencies - atlanta georgia. I found many, however since I only visit down there, and do not reside there, I can not help you much further.

Wish you the very best of luck

Thank you Julie, I will start there.
Chris

Julie Dail said:

There are so many different places to call in Georgia about this matter, and I have found many listings for near Altanta, GA. I would suggest the following as a beginning point.

www.google.com the type in your seach home health care agencies - atlanta georgia. I found many, however since I only visit down there, and do not reside there, I can not help you much further.

Wish you the very best of luck

For the benefit of Chris’s sister: Brain Injury Association of America, my local chapter,BIAAZ was very helpful in these areas: family educational sessions,increase awareness of BIAAZ information/referral, create and stengthen partnerships with other agencies/businesses and explore TBI consumer empowerment, hopefully they contact you with a local chapter, good luck!