Need some love!😎

So true! Definitely a paradox but it is very important to be realistic and just focus on the next step. Sorry to hear about your setback! How have you been doing recently?

Thank you for the hope!! I know how useless it is to get down on yourself, but I guess it was just something that I had to experience :sweat_smile:. Finding this community has definitely pushed me along the path to finding peace with my situation! God bless you! and thank you once again!

1 Like

Hey Vicki!
Thank you for taking the time to write back! I couldn’t imagine going through all this at 16 :eyes:. I’m currently not going to speech therapy, that was by far my least favorite part of this whole recovery process (my therapist was so awkward), but it is significantly better! My hand writing is getting better, but my hand is still so slow with those fine movements compared to how it used to be and to be honest drives me crazy! But once again I’d be lying to say that It’s not improving. Thank you for the motivation Vicki! It means so much to me hearing from people who have gone through it! :smiley:

Thank you!! :smiley: You’re love and advice all means so much to me and won’t go in vain! Definitely looking forward to better days, but slowly learning how valuable this whole experience truly is. The love is reciprocated up here in New York!

1 Like

I am in Houston, TX.
Do you have any favorite poems or bible verses? Go somewhere private and read them aloud. It’s ok if you are not speaking perfectly-it takes a lot of hard work to train your brain to do what you want it to do. Did they make you write in huge letters in the beginning? I am talking 4 feet tall, then going smaller from there. For finger dexterity I had a bunch of cheerios on a tray and picked them up 1 at a time and ate them. The hand to mouth thing was helpful. Back in 1973 I had OT, PT and speech therapy every day while in the hospital. Keep me updated. I do care and am interested in your well-being. Vicki

2 Likes

Will do Vicki! Thank you for the support!!

1 Like

What I learned thru the years after my major TBI in 1990, is to help OTHERS! So, if you are looking for a direction, I would suggest THAT direction! That is what I did, & this ‘2nd Life’ of mine is such a Blessing!

2 Likes

@BoxBarge your story is amazing! You are so strong and charismatic!

I’m definitely thinking along those lines! So many options for careers :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Jack,
I agree with BargeBox.
You’ve had a unique experience, use it to your advantage. I’ve lost count of how many people think they know it all, but their information has come from a book. You’ve got a lived experience and that is rare. Use it to your advantage.

Merl from the Modsupport Team

3 Likes