Natural Treatment for Seizures

Please let me first say that I am not advocating that anyone stop taking their prescribed medicines. I just want to share our experience with you all because it has been amazing and I pray it will help someone else.

My son had his AVM bleed in Nov. of 2012. His seizures began in Jan. of 2013. When the neurologist told us the side effect of the anti-seizure (psych) meds he would be taking we were not happy. My massage therapist had been encouraging me to use Essential Oils for my migraines then to use them for my son's seizures. We were very skeptical that oils could help with seizures so I started to research both the oils and the anti-seizure meds. We found nothing positive about the A.S. meds and ONLY positive things about the oils. We decided to give them a one month trial run.

It has been over 4 months now and these are the results: EVERY seizure that he has had since we started using Frankincense essential oil has been more mild than the one before it. He used to have seizures every 2 1/2 weeks and, as of today, he has not had a seizure in the last 7 weeks...NOT ONE!

Please do your own research and come to your own conclusions. I only know that we are thrilled that our son never had to be on meds that had so many side effects and, yet, he is getting better! My prayer is that this will help someone else in their walk with seizures!

1 Like

Suzy, Interesting...Where do you buy it and how is it used?

Hi Louisa,

I get my oils from doTerra. My son uses frankincense three times a day. In the morning he puts a drop under his tongue and rubs in a drop at the base of his skull/neck. In the afternoon he does the same. At night, and this was the weird part to us, he puts a drop in his hands then rubs the bottom of his feet - mostly his big toes. Then he puts his hands to his face and takes some deep breaths. My understanding is that the second best way to absorb anything is through your feet. All I know is that it's working. I hope this is helpful to you, too! :)

1 Like

Iā€™m alway interested an adjunctive natural therapies. How did u use the oils?!

Which oil is that?
And procedure to massage?
Thanks!!

I just saw this post! I am so sorry it took so long to reply! I'm not sure how I missed it!

My son puts a drop of Frankincense under his tongue every morning and in the afternoon. He also puts a drop at the base of his skull in the afternoon. At night he rubs it on his feet then breathes it in from his hands. He does this consistently every day.

I am so sorry I didn't reply sooner! Somehow I missed a few posts that came in! We are using Frankincense oil. Actually, we recently added an oil called Balance but my original post was based solely on the Frankincense. My son puts a drop of Frankincense under his tongue every morning and in the afternoon. He also puts a drop at the base of his skull in the afternoon. At night he rubs it on his feet then breathes it in from his hands. He does this consistently every day.

Hello! I started taking medical cannabis (I live in CA) and it has helped me tremendously. I recently went 40 days without a seizure-normally I have one every 14 days. What I take has very little thc so I am able to go about my day completely coherent. If anyone wants more info message me. Love to all!

1 Like