Nathan-new moderate bleed .transferred back to picu

Hi everyone

We were transferred back to PICU last night around 1am. Nathan was just being very very sleepy yesterday and started to lose his appetite. Around 9pm as I was holding him I noticed his right eye was deviated all the way to the right…and it stayed there. His vital signs were good but he wasn’t responding to our voices and it seemed as if he couldn’t even see Tj & I. They ordered a CT scan and they found that Nathan suffered from a new bleed. It was a moderate bleed within the ventricles. Neurologist Dr. Heather Fullerton told us that it was most likely due to the decrease in pressure within the head which caused a shift. As of right now Nathan has a slight right side weakness, his right eye is deviated all the way to the right but he is alert and awake. The doctors said that usually in these cases, the symptoms go away as the blood re-absorbs. Also, Dr. Fullerton told us that there would be a good chance that the blood could clog the shunt. If that does happen, Nathan will need to undergo another surgery where they will place a shunt from the inside out and the blood will just drain into a bag. Once the blood is gone, he will undergo the same surgery and they will place a new shunt in (like what he has now). They ordered an ultrasound for tomorrow to check the ventricles to see whether it stayed the same or if it increased in size.

Our specific request is for the blood to not block the shunt and that the blood will just be re-absorbed and he will be back to his normal self again.

Psalm 103:2
Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits
who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases

Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me O Lord and I will be healed
Save me and I will be saved for you are the one I praise

Mark 11:22
"Have faith in God" Jesus answered.
I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain ,’ Go throw yourself in the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

These are the Lord’s promises.

Thank you for including Nathan in your prayers and thoughts.

-Tj & Jaimee Andaya

Oh no. I will be praying for a quick recovery for little Nathan.

Oh, poor little Nathan…I’m praying for his quick recovery.

I will pray for Nathan and your family druing this difficult time. I know God will lead you threw this difficult time and make your family stronger. Please let us know how things are going.

Jaimee, So sorry to hear about this set back. I’m sure that you and TJ are just worn out from all of this. I will definately be thinking of you guys and hoping for the absolute best. Hang in there little Mama!

TJ & Jamiee, I am so sorry about this news, I will pray for Nathan and you all, take care.

Nathan you sweet baby boy , you are in my thoughts and prayers as are your mom and dad and all your family . Dearest Jaimee and TJ , You are the strongest of the strong . God bless you and keep you in the palm of His hand.

MY heart is breaking. I will say very special prayers for baby Nathan.

Jaimee I stepped outside ( to smoke I admit) and looked up into the sky, as I always do and said to God as I always do ,Please help them, hold them in the palm of Your hand, they are your children , (meaning mine and yours and all of us) as I always do . Then Jaimee I looked left of center in the sky and saw the “shooting star” …I thought of sweet Nathan and you and Tj and all the love coming your way …