N-Butyl 2-Cyanoacrylate ? For scalp avms?

Has anybody had experience with dealing with N-Butyl 2-Cyanoacrylate for their ?, my neurosurgeon used Onyx for the first two embos, but then used Cyanoacrylate (Glubran) for the third, as he thought it was better suited for the scalp, As i dont know much about this substance could anyone enlighten me , especially about revascularisation .
Kind Regards
George

Hi, George, here is an article on embolic agents: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/545331_3

My son's forehead AVM was initially embolized with NBCA. I know it won't show up black through the skin, as Onyx can.

Has Nicole's doctor explained what the plan is if there is recanalization after embolizing? Glue has a reputation for stabilizing facial AVMs temporarily, but then allowing them to recruit new vessels. Is resection part of the treatment plan? Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

Hi ,Hope you are well and your son is recovering well from his surgery . Nicole had her 4th embolization last week and is doing well, , She has had the first two embos with onyx for the deeper facial are and the last two closer to the skin thus avoiding tattooing have been done using NBCA. Our problem is that her AVM is diffuse so resection is not an option they wish to take at this moment in time. We too are concerned about blood vessel recruitment and unless AVM is totally filled is likely to happen at some stage. We are praying that there soon will be a anti-angiogenesis drug that will inhibit vascular growth as this i feel is the main problem to treating AVMs. I do understand that there is lots of research being carried out and i hope that the genetic structure of AVMs is understood soon so that we have this as an option one day. George x