My work called telling they won´t renew my contract

Hello all, I just feel I need to talk…the job I was called me saying they won´t renew my contract…I feel two ways: on one side is such a huge relief because I didn´t really wanted to go back (I was there only 22 days before the rupture and I know it was a kind of job I didn´t like and with bad work environment) on the other hand being unemployed is a huge factor of fear and uncertainty about the future…in March it will be 2 years of AVM, two years of suffering, two years of hold, two years of feeling lost…I see my friends and their lifes had ups and downs also, but I feel mine is always the same down…and that I should realise that I´m in a different journey, but it´s hard…it´s hard still feeling so much pain, it´s hard not having a normal life and it´s hard being so scared about the future.

Sorry to hear about the job Rita, maybe a blessing in disguise if you didn’t like it and a bad environment. Maybe healthier to be away in the long run. I understand the ups and downs, and that other really don’t get the battles we go through. You’ve been supportive here to many people and that speaks so strongly to your character. Know you have support from a lot of people here who understand challenges, while all ours are all different in some ways, we understand. You’re in my thoughts, take care, John

3 Likes

Yes it is hard, if there’s any hope to you I agree with every point you’ve made, and I have been dealing with this for 30 years, so many people have turned their backs on me, including family, all because they can’t be bothered with taking the time to understand what it is we actually deal with on a daily basis, AVM survival is 365,7/24, only avmer’s understand avmer’s, that’s why we are all here and this site is so important, never give up, we can only do what are ailment allows us to, be positive, more important, be strong and carry on!! Take care

3 Likes

I am sorry but concentrate on your health. I went back work way too soon and ended up pushing myself too much. I have accepted I can not work and I volunteer when I can and I am on a few boards and commissions. You have to put yourself first. Hugs!

1 Like

Thanks for the support :slight_smile: I never really wanted to be there and go back there anyway, I just have to discover my real path once I´m recovered, and it can´t be difficult because I already been through one of the hardest things in life…AVM!

2 Likes

@RitaF You will find something that really matters to you. If anything I have learned from all my serious health issues is to take it as a blessing in that I spend time doing stuff that is important to me or giving back. I have always said a job does not define me. Where I used to work there was a woman who would not talk to you if you were below her title. Meanwhile I talked to everyone that most people would never get to know like our security guards and maintenance workers. I place value on how people treat others and animals.
Hugs
Angela

2 Likes

Im sorry to hear the bad news Rita but i sense there is some relief in what has occurred… At the end of the day its not easy but you need to concentrate on your health physically and mentally and if it takes this to happen to you to open a better door for the future then so be it… I know its easier said than done but you know it wont last forever and this is just the weird way life is at times… I understand where your coming from as we all go through the ups and downs in life but need to stay strong and move forward… God bless!

2 Likes