My (Very Recent!) Embolization Story

Hi everyone - first time posting, but I’ve been lurking around for a while. There’s lots of great resources around here, which I’d like to thank all the contributors for compiling and presenting. :slight_smile:

On January 2, 2018, I was rushed to hospital after collapsing while on my normal evening jog. I was diagnosed with a hemorrhage, and - eventually - with the diagnosis of a cerebral arteriovenous malformation in my left frontal lobe.

Just 24 hours ago, I underwent endovascular embolization - today, I am back home recovering with my mum. I just wanted to give a huge shout out to all the brave souls who struggle with deficits caused by cerebral AVMs and related strokes, and thank you all for sharing your stories. The posts I read really helped me to become a better self-advocate.

Take care, and good luck to all! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, Dustin,

Well done for finding us, joining and speaking out a bit. I have not had a bleed but I have had an embolisation so I know some of what you’re going through. I hope you’re doing ok. I think embolisation is a pretty survivable treatment… not too scary for me.

How are you post bleed? I’m guessing that is your biggest impact.

It’s good to talk and share about difficult things. Feel free to talk about what you need or what you want.

Best wishes for your recovery,

Richard

1 Like