My last Angiogram

Hi I’m Melanie, around the corner I hope I’m having my last angiogram. It’s been over 5 years since I had my Gama Knife treatment. My doctor who saved my life told me that it would take anywhere from 5 months to 3 years for my AVM to completely die. So I’m crossing my fingers that this time he does this scan it will be dead.

Hoping to hear some great news! My thoughts will be with you. Take Care, John.

1 Like

I hope it is all gone I will pray for you! Positive vibes your way! I am 99.9% sure on doing cyber knife to finish off this AVM I have, update us! Wish you the best!

1 Like

Mel

If you’ve had a cerebellum AVM and you’ve had it treated, then you’re doing some very rare stuff. When do you have your angiogram to check for it? We’ll all be thinking of you!

All the best!

Richard

Best of luck

Lulu x

Wishing you the best! Please keep us posted as we will certainly be thinking about you.

1 Like

Hi,Melanie,

Do you mind my asking how old you are.
Was your AVM large?
(Mine is approximately size of golf ball. )
Where you live?
How did you choose your doctor?
How many treatments ?
Did you have side effects?

I would be so grateful for your response.
It has been suggested that I do this treatment.

Thank you,
Patricia Robison

I’m now 28, when my AVM bled I was 23. My AVM was very small it took the minimalist amount of radiation to get it. I live in Montana, I didn’t choose my doctor I was life flighted to Seattle when my AVM bleed happened. I had 1 Gamma knife treatment and no side effects from it. I hope this helps.

You’re welcome,
Melanie Goodman

My angeogram date is in November. Thank you

Update for everyone. Just got done with my angiogram and I am still crossing my fingers that it’s all gone. I get to find out at 1:00 tomorrow in Seattle.

Fingers crossed! Just had my 2 year post gamma knife MRI today, hoping next step is angio but will wait and see. Take Care, John.

Update for everyone. I just got the news from my Neurosurgeon he showed me the scans. I’m cured! Yay! I’m so excited.

1 Like

Great news! I’m so happy for you, time to celebrate!

Party like nobody is watching! Fantastic!