My Dad Had Surgery Yesterday

My Dad had surgery yesterday but it wasn’t worry free as we expected. his surgery went fine. It took about 3 hours instead of six and it was done relatively quickly. he was then in the recovery room for about two hours before he went to the ICU. Within that time period of 2 hours another hematoma formed on the right side of the brain. An intern noticed he wasn’t able to move his left toe after the surgery ( which was his good side before the surgery) All I saw was my Dad being rushed to get a CT Scan and MRI. Later we were told they don’t know what caused the bleed possibly it could be a reaction to the surgery something tore or it was already there and since they didn’t open that side it wasn’t known. They are saying that the left toe impairment is completely recoverable but they have to get down to the bottom point what started the bleed? And Stop it. So we are going on a roller coaster ride! I thought my Dad was going to be out of ICU today and start physical therapy NOPE! Please keep us in your prayers. Thanks Everyone.

hello deba
know that my family will bw praying for you and your father… i just cannot imagine whath you migth be going through. i have told my family that i rather be in surgery than any of them… i think that those of you that stand by us and have to wait in the waiting room go through far more stress than us that are in there… keep up the faith and know that every thing will be just fine.

He Deba.

I wish you good luck. Based on my daughter’s experiences and the experiences of our good friend who also had a hemorrhage due to and AVM, this process can really be a roller coaster ride. But the ups and down seem to get less sever over time. Keep believing that he will get better…it will help both you and your father to keep striving to get better, even though the process can be exhausting and sometimes frustrating due to the ups and downs.

You and your father are in my thoughts.
Kati