My 1st year Anniversary

Hi guys, As the title states, Today is the 1 year anniversary of my brain haemorrhage, I had no idea that I was at risk of this and had no clue what an AVM was either. But this is a time to be thankful, I'm very thankful that I have pulled though 2 Cranio's this year and "only" have headaches due to damage from the bleed. I'm thankful that on July 7th my AVM was removed and that now I'm on the brink of a whole new year :) , A fresh start without looking back !. I will have a check angio on my 1 year from removal surgery to ensure that all is good but at this point I'm not thinking of that, I'm just looking forward to a new year with my wife and 3 great kids (all boys) and best of all I told my kids that Santa brought us a new house and we move at the end of Jan or beginning of Feb so I think that 2015 will be a good year after all it cant be as bad as 2014 was right ?. Hope you all have good new years also, Wishing you health and happiness. Take care. :)

Martin.

Martin,

Congrats! Sounds like you did a fantastic job pulling through all of this and dealing with the resulting headaches. Your family has to be ecstatic that you're doing so well.

Hope you have something special planned for your celebration!

Hi Shirasya, I will have a nice meal with Family tomorrow since I missed it last year :( , I have done great the hardest thing now is dealing with the headaches and I can be irritable so I'm very thankful that my wife can put up with me and my kids understand that maybe sometimes Daddy is a little tired etc and has a sore head so they are quiet :) , But we are all amazed after 2 surgeries I'm doing fantastic :) , Thanks for the message, Hope you have a good new year, Take care.

Is it weird that I have only just got my appointment for my post op consultation today its for Jan 15th, My surgery was 7th July, So I've been waiting patiently for a while now and hope to get answers to my surgical questions now, The GP's have been good but cannot answer specific questions and maybe now I can see my scan pics. I hope it goes the way I think it will :) .

Hi Martin and happy anniversary to you! Yay for this upbeat posting and yes you have much to be thankful for so bring on 2015!

Congrats! Can imagine the feeling you must have, being on the other site of 2014 :-)

Wish you all the best in 2015 with the new house and the upcomming scan..

Happy new year from Denmark :-)

Thanks Susan, Hope you have a great new year also :) , Take care and speak to you soon :)

Thanks Allan, Hope you also have a great new year :) , Take care.

Congrats Martin! Happy New Year, and all the best to you and yours!

Wow, where did the time go, Martin? Congratulations, and good luck with your move!

Thanks Tim, Same to you :) , Its been a hard year and I hope now this is all behind me and something to tell the kids when they are older :)

Thanks Dancermom :) , Yeah I agree sort of .... it was a very slow start to 2014 waiting on my treatment from Jan till July .. but after that time has flown :) , Thank you so much for your kind words, I also hope all goes smooth and will post an update on how my surgeon appointment goes on the 15th Jan. Thanks again.

Congrats Martin! Here's to a great year for you!