More radiation

Well I saw the doctors on Monday and what they thought was a 20% shrinkage in the AVM last year is actually showing only 10% with the angiogram . Disappointing. Now they want to do a more aggressive radiation which means another 3 year wait.

I would suggest you get a second opinion, Christine, before undergoing more radiation.

I am very sorry to hear that. I recently was told that mine had decreased in size as compared to a year ago. I won't have my angio done until August 2015. I agree with Dancermom, get another opinion before you go through that again. It is so hard playing the waiting game....

This is the 4th neurosurgeon I’ve seen. I trust his opinion very much. They just didn’t use as high of a dose of radiation as the should have for how big my AVM is

Christine...I cannot even imagine how you are feeling. My treatment was Proton Beam Radiation in Boston. As they told you when you had your radiation, you have to wait 2 or 3 years to know if it worked to take away your AVM. I counted the days during those 2 years until I had an angio and was told I was AVM Free. My fear was them telling me mine didn't work at all. I'm so sorry to hear that you have to go through it again. Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers!