"Minor Issue" part Deux

Went to the neuro yesterday (he was a new one, so I spent a lot of time catching him up on the history). I liked him, even though I chastised him for keeping me waiting for 45 minutes in the exam room. I don’t think he was used to patients giving him ‘feedback’.

Anyway- he agreed that something didn’t sound right. So, he wants an MRI and an MRA to see if there are any structural changes in the AVM. Hopefully will get that done in the next week or two.

I am so sick of being stuck in those machines. It makes me laugh when I seem them on TV (especially that show House). They always are in these big fancy rooms with tons of room, glass observation booths and the actual doctor is looking at the results as they come in. Puhleese. The ones I’ve been in have been in cramped rooms (once actually a trailer attached to the building) and its a tech person who is shoved in another corner at a computer monitor. Oh well, as long as it works, eh?

The technology is remarkable and I am glad they have it!

Well I’m glad you like the new guy to start with. Even with the waiting! :slight_smile: ha ha, I bet they DON’T get that feedback often…

So it’s good he wants to check it out, but ya, no fun that it means more tests. I’ve seen the trailer ones before as well, never actually been in those though. The one time I was actually awake for the test (ya, I used to be a scaried cat and made them sedate me first, I’ll admit it!) was in a gigantic room with the whole window thing. But definately not as “nice” as the ones on TV and there surely was no doctor or resident, or Dr McDreamy there to watch it!!!

I hope that the test goes well, that you at least have a cute MRI tech to talk to, and the results come back with no worries :slight_smile:

One can only hope!

Beleive it or not, I have been in some MRI rooms that look remarkably similar to those on House. Granted, one of them was in a rather affluent area of Monterey, CA and the other was at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, CA. I have also been in several that weren’t quite so impressive… Namely, those that are essentially a giant magnet inside a semi trailer in the parking lot. Was the doctor ever around? Heck no.

I am with you on the whole “being tired of MRIs” thing. I don’t even know how many I’ve had, but enough to be able to predict what sound it’s going to make next. “Let’s see… It just finished the ‘cuh-thunk-cuh-thunk’ round, and before that was the ‘zzzz-zzz-zzz-zzz-zzz’ round, so it must be time for the ‘tick-tick-tick-tick-tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick’ round, then they’ll start the MRA portion…”