Meeting neurologist

Get to meet my neurologist today, actually kind of scared, dont really know why, I am glad i found this web site. I feel like i found a place i can atleast find information and a place to put my feeling down and not feel alone. since i found out about the avm i have had the support of my family, friends and co workers but its not the same. Its nice know to there are others out there that are going thru or have been thru this.

Glad you feel good about our site--it belongs to US, the members, so now you are c0-owner as well...........

Have you seen the posts that list questions to ask your drs? There are great questions there. Also, if you can, have a competent (friend, family member,etc) go with you to help you take notes. It helped us that EACH of us had the list of questions, so we'd each take notes, then at coffee just after the appt (or better yet, when the DR stepped out of the room for something), we'd start comparing notes. If we were able to do it in the DR office before we left, when he came back in, we'd ask him to clarify anything we were confused over.

Hope this helps.

Ron, KS

Good Luck today;) I agree with Ron have somebody go with you because its alot of information to process alone.Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today and again GOOD LUCK :wink:

Well…you are now part of The AVM Club…not that you had any choice about it. I know it’s a dubious distinction at best and we all would have passed on the honor if we could have. I think there are about 2647 people on this site and more join everyday. You are definitely not alone. Good luck today!!!

We are glad to have you here. Please let us know how your app’t went and what the doc said. Feel free to ask us or me any questions you have. Most of us have walked this road for a long time.

Well the appt went good actually felt good about the dr. he answered all my ques. and then some. He even answered ques. about the neurosurgeon I had been seeing and made me feel better about him. I have to starts physical thearpy now i quess i have underlying neck issues i was not made aware of. And set up for my eeg on get this valentines day of all days! I am already doing my angio on feb 3rd. feb is not even here yet and I don’t like it. He didn’t change my meds just the times of days. But all in all it went good. I felt really good when I left. I really was not expecting that.

You probably feel better since now you have some plan of action. An EEG is a simple test. Of course, I can think of better ways to spend Valentine’s day!

Tonna Wenger said:

Well the appt went good actually felt good about the dr. he answered all my ques. and then some. He even answered ques. about the neurosurgeon I had been seeing and made me feel better about him. I have to starts physical thearpy now i quess i have underlying neck issues i was not made aware of. And set up for my eeg on get this valentines day of all days! I am already doing my angio on feb 3rd. feb is not even here yet and I don't like it. He didn't change my meds just the times of days. But all in all it went good. I felt really good when I left. I really was not expecting that.