Meds

is anybody on lamictal or vimpat and if so what side effects to you have

Hi Stacy,

My husband’s on Vimpat. One interesting thing about it: at first, the side effects were upsetting–30 to 60 minutes of poor coordination, dizziness, etc. Then we found a tip online about taking Vimpat 5 minutes after a full meal, and that solved the problem. He has a feeling of a “flash” in his head soon after he takes it, and that’s it.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, but taking it EXACTLY 5 minutes AFTER a FULL meal (not before, not with, not later, not after a snack…) made a huge difference.

That said, he’s probably still having side effects, but at this point it’s too hard to sort out the side effects from the effects of surgery from the effects of epilepsy from the effects of being on the wrong med for 4 years…etc.

Let us know your side-effect experiences!
JH

he is getting really bad headaches and i dont know if they are from the lamictal or vimpat

JH said:

Hi Stacy,

My husband’s on Vimpat. One interesting thing about it: at first, the side effects were upsetting–30 to 60 minutes of poor coordination, dizziness, etc. Then we found a tip online about taking Vimpat 5 minutes after a full meal, and that solved the problem. He has a feeling of a “flash” in his head soon after he takes it, and that’s it.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, but taking it EXACTLY 5 minutes AFTER a FULL meal (not before, not with, not later, not after a snack…) made a huge difference.

That said, he’s probably still having side effects, but at this point it’s too hard to sort out the side effects from the effects of surgery from the effects of epilepsy from the effects of being on the wrong med for 4 years…etc.

Let us know your side-effect experiences!
JH