Hi, im Lianne. Im 20 years old and was diagnoised with a AVM on the 5th of july 2009 My avm is on the larger size at 5cm.
It was early hours when i got a bad pain in the right side of my head then i got loud ringing in my ears, then finally a bad pain in my neck. I rang for a amberlance saying i thought id ‘pulled my neck’ a CT later showned i infact had had a hemerage and i had had a bleed. My life changed from there. I was then transfered to the queen elizabeth hospital Birmingham where i have been put under the care of Dr Gan.
2 weeks later i found out i was pregnant knowing this was very risky i still went on with the pregnancy, any surgery was then to be put on hold to after my baby was born. I had check ups every 2 weeks and my blood presure was constantly monitored. I was under the fetal care team at The womens hospital birmingham where the advised me to have a planned c-section as birth may be to risky. I had a detailed scan where they checked my baby over to ensure the ct did not cause any damage where i found out i was having a perfectly healthy baby boy.
On the 4.4.10 i went into labour 11 days before my planned c-section date i was then gave a emergency c-section & epidural where my baby boy logan was born at 37+1 weeks perfectly heatlhy weighing 6.60z. 3 days later i took my beautiful son home.
I recived a appointment shortley after for the 25th of may where we discused treatment, embolization was the first step we was going to take. I recived my treatment date which was for the 10th of november a few weeks later.
I was fine lived a normal life, id get headache from time to time but nothing paracetomol wouldnt help. On the 26th of october on my way home on the train with my son, sister and neice i had a pain n my head back then the neck pain i knew what was happening i stayed quiet not wanting to alert my sister as i didnt want a fuss or to get the attention of any other passengers. A ct then showed i had had another bleed i was then transfered to the Q.E where i waited to have my embolization.
After surgery i was told that it was hard to glue but my radioligist thinks hes glued where i have been bleeding from. Since treatment iv had headaches almost constantly and loss some feeling to my left arm also my sight has gone abit if what strange. I have been told this should lift in weeks. I am now waiting for a appointment with the radioligist which should be within the next 2 weeks. They are going to re -attempt the embolization in 2 months wish me luck!
I have missed many stuff out and made loads of spelling mistakes no doubt sorry!
If theres anything i may be abl to help you with or aything u feel you may be able to help me with your more then welcome to approche me take care and good luck with life!!