Thank you for your comments and support. Its now been over five months since I found out about my AVM. During this time I saw 3 neurosurgents in Seattle, non of which I liked and then I went to see dr. Robert Spetzler in the BNI in Arizona. He reassured me and said I had a 90% success rate if I were to remove it surgically. I left there thinking "I think I will have the surgery"
Currently I'm trying to learn more about the experiences of those with occipital AVMs, and whether its best to do the surgery sooner rather than later.. any thoughts?
My daughter has an opcipical lobe avm, She will be having her 3rd embolization on Nov. 23rd. I am glad in her case that we didnt wait. We started treating before any bleeds. I felt that the sooner we treated the better chance we had of no bleeds or ruptures. So far all is going well. Hope this helps!
Dr. Spetzler is a world renown AVM expert. Regardless of that…whatever you decide to do…we will be here to support you!!!