Lung Embolization....?

Hi everyone,

I know there are some of your who have had an AVM in the lung Embolized, so I am asking for your experiences. Like play by play of the procedure and after. Did you have any complications during the procedure, or after?? How are you now? does it effected you in any way?

Also, 1 more question for those lung AVMers... did you get a brain scan as well, just to be sure there were no AVMs of the brain?

Thanks so much everyone. I am scheduled for a lung embolization and I am soo nervous. I have no symptoms now (thank God) so I am just so scared doing anything to it will make it act up or something (even though thats probably not a rational thought, since this procedure is to protect me!) so just looking for some experiences, hopefully to make me brave enough to go through with it!

Hope you all are well.

Kelly

Good luck with your lung embolization, Kelly. Where are you being treated in Boston? I will pray for you! Louisa

Hi Louisa!

Thank you so much! I am going to be treated at Mass General hospital, by a doctor named Stephan Wicky. He seemed like a very caring doctor, who makes you feel comfortable. So far, I would recommend him if anyone in my area is going through this :)

Louisa Cicillini said:

Good luck with your lung embolization, Kelly. Where are you being treated in Boston? I will pray for you! Louisa