Low Immune System

Luke has always had a very low immune system and i am wondering if this is common in people with avms?

Michelle,
I used to always be sick when I was younger…could be Lukey isnt getting all of the vitamins he needs to keep his body strong. That was the case for me anyway. I take vitamins every day now and I am sick maybe once a season instead of ever couple weeks. Seriously I used to be sick probably every 3 weeks. I agree with Liam because I just dont see how an avm could effect someone immune system. Doesnt mean that it isn’t possible…but I have never herd of it before.

I always used to have a cold when I was a kid… I had my tonsils and nose polyps out at the age of 8 but that didn’t change much at all.
I don’t know if AVMs have anything to do with the immune system but it sounds possible.

Thank you for all your replies i also wonder if it is because luke is still crawling around on the floor and what brittany said could be true too as luke dose not have a very good diet i will look at some vitamin slupplements. Thanks everyone

Could it be an allergy? Maybe he can’t handle dust mites, not that I’m saying your floor might be dusty but I have heard of this happen with a friend’s little one; she was allergic to the microscopic dust particles in the carpet.

LUKE’S MUM Michelle said:

Thank you for all your replies i also wonder if it is because luke is still crawling around on the floor and what brittany said could be true too as luke dose not have a very good diet i will look at some vitamin slupplements. Thanks everyone

Yes Luke’s dad suffers from dust allergies it is a possibility but luke always seems to get the burst blood vessel in his eye just before he gets a cold, i am wondering if it is some viral thing??

I don’t know but when I was little I was very rarely sick, except for the yearly bout of bronchitis. This year (after surgery) is the first year in a looong time that I have had a cold/other illness besides the about once yearly bronchitis.

Before my AVM incident I never got sick. Now I do a lot more often…