Lost Battle

As I reflect upon the tragedy of recently losing my daughter to her illness, i think about others who may be struggling.

Aicha died after a slow torturous decline in her health from seizures caused by AVMs in her brain. Tortured by pain and fear from those painful ever increasing seizures she finally ended her own life.

I dont know how many suffer as she did…but i want you to know you are not alone.

1 Like

Prayers for you and your family…

1 Like

We are so sorry for your loss. Aicha is at peace, I do hope that there is some solace from that but acknowledge that this does not make your loss any less. The loss of a child is never an easy thing to deal with, for anyone.

Merl from the Moderator Support Team

1 Like

I am sorry for your loss; prayers to you and your family.

1 Like

I’m very sorry, my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. John.

1 Like

Wow - your message was extremely powerful in sharing your love and loss of your daughter. I will keep you and family in my prayers. I do want to thank you for being so caring to remind us all that we’re not alone - sometimes we get caught up in the pain and wanting to feel normal but our new normal is finding a way to function with the pain, walking issues, and treatment. Bless you for your message. V

4 Likes

Aicha is at peace now. I am so sorry to read this.

1 Like

I agree Vicki. Sometimes I get down with how things are going and I’m tired of the “issues” that I have. But I’m trying to focus on what I still have in my life and move forward.
I’m sorry for you loss askull. It’s a long and lonely battle

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s easy to be consumed by the pain and the struggles…constantly wanting a different life. I am raising my daughter’s daughter…she misses her Mom. I miss her beautiful heart and loving nature. I tell my granddaughter that in the moments she has joy to take a snapshot in her mind that she can look back on when she feels waves of sorrow.

We all need to hold onto joy, find those snapshots to reflect on when despair and pain overwhelm us. We have value to add to this world…contributions that can make a difference.

Most importantly we need to reach out, lift each other up, support one another.

2 Likes

I think you are an amazing lady, thank you for what you have shared. Please know we all feel the pain you and your daughter suffered. If it’s any comfort, your message will help so many people reflect on there lives. It is a tough journey for us all, but somehow your words have helped so much. May God bless you and your family…

1 Like

Thank you. I pray that somehow her struggle will have meaning. She had a difficult battle that lasted from her first rupture in 2011 until she quit the fight.

She wanted so much to help others but could not find the strength to help herself.

2 Likes