Living one-handed after bleed

I’m new here and I was wondering if anyone out there has lost the use of one hand/arm or has decreased function of hand/arm. My bleed was 13 years ago and I'm always interested in talking to people who have similar issues to share ideas and tips. Thanks!

Hi Laney,

Welcome to the group. My wife (Chari) lost muscle control in her right leg and foot for several years. A wonderful personal trainer helped her get her leg strength back to about 85%, and ankle surgery to correct drop foot helped immensely with walking without a foot brace.

Our daughter is an Occupational Therapist. She read many catalogs that are chock full of appliances and devices to assist those with diminished physical capabilities. She has ordered several items for her Grandmother to use to ease her kitchen work (severe arthritis). I'm sure many of these are online and might contain items you would find useful, such as electric can openers, etc.

Best wishes,

Ron, KS

Hi Laney,

Welcome - glad you've found us.

I love your artwork!

Tori

Hi Tori,

Thanks for the welcome. I saw your photos of your cat and dogs. They are beautiful :-) I miss having a cat but still have my dog. My days at home alone would be unbearable without my Dundee. I'm sure your animals, too, bring you some peace.

I read your profile and I'm very sorry your AMV has come back. What is the plan now? Will they remove it again?

Have you considered getting a service dog? While Dundee is not officially a service dog we trained him to help me get up after I fall which happens a lot.

Sorry if it seems like I'm too nosey.

Laney :-)

Tori said:

Hi Laney,

Welcome - glad you've found us.

I love your artwork!

Tori

Hi Laney,
Welcome to the group. I was looking at your pictures and your dog looks exactly like my mother’s dog. She’s a huskey/sherphard mix and her name is Frankie. None of this has anything to do with AVMs but I just thought I’d mention that! :slight_smile:

Hi Trish,

I would to see photos of Frankie if you have them. Dundee is shephard, malamute and rotty.
Trish said:

Hi Laney,
Welcome to the group. I was looking at your pictures and your dog looks exactly like my mother's dog. She's a huskey/sherphard mix and her name is Frankie. None of this has anything to do with AVMs but I just thought I'd mention that! :)