Little update

So after 5 years of intense physical therapy 2x,week as often as my neurologist can send orders and medicare approved it, AND my hyperbaric therapy sessions + CBD AND highest dose of baclofen my left (affected side) ankle FINALLY went down rather than me constantly being on my tippy toes when stepping on it without my AFO. My pt team was over the moon to say the least!! Hard work pays off guys!! Even when you’re not having fun lol I am looking into getting a bioness L300 :slight_smile: just another toy to try out and hope it works because I’m still too :rooster: to do a tendon release surgery. Bioness is apparently coming to physical therapy clinic in February and I begged them to put on the list to give it a try and if it works on me then I’ll do the insurance process to try and get one. Here’s to hoping it works!! Just my little quick update. Life has kept me a little busy and I’ve been pretty calm after my 5 year angio showed no growth and graduated from angiograms and im now on strictly needed in an emergency basis :slight_smile: and little vacation to focus on recovery as always. Hope all of y’all are keeping strong as always.

6 Likes

Hello Teiry, It always makes me happy to hear from you, especially if it’s good news. I confess I understood very little of your post. Good job putting in the “hard work.” That’s one of the things I admire about you. As far as myself, I’m going to the gym and using CBD to sleep well. For me, no news is good news. BTW happy holidays. Best wishes, Greg

3 Likes

Great job Terry! I hope that the bioness works for you! Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: keep us posted on your progress

1 Like

Definitely will do!! :slight_smile:

Hahahaha it’s alright Greg :slight_smile: it’s just celebrating that there hasn’t been any avm activity and will no longer need an angiogram from here on out unless I suddenly experience the symptoms we all know. And as for hyperbaric therapy it is pure oxygen therapy delivered in a highly pressured chamber/tube (sorta like the one snow white is in lol). That sort of therapy helps speed up the healing process and/or regresses any damage. I had done some research right around the time of my diagnosis incase I would need said therapy and lo and behold I did and so I’ve done 70 sessions so far. Unfortunately since it is not a for sure science and just an IF (but this big if has proved to be true based on research and from personal experience) anyways that’s why most insurances don’t cover it unless it’s to speed up a wound recovery such as something relating diabetes or a surgery. It has drastically improved my healing stroke recovery wise and every time I do more sessions my therapist are amazed. But since it is out of pocket I can’t do it as often as I wish due to its hefty price (about 6 grand per 20 sessions aka a round for a whole month). But I’m just going to keep doing what is working for me until my body gives in like it has :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Teiry, Wow, you really did do your research. I’m impressed. It’s great that you’ve noticed some improvement. Maybe you’ll turn into snow white and live happily ever after. That’s what I’m hoping for you. Best wishes, Greg

2 Likes

Hahaha maybe who knows Greg. As long as I get some of those little animals that clean your home just by singing I would be fine turning into snow white LOL

3 Likes

@Teiry I have heard great things about hyperbaric therapy and so glad that you shared that it helped you.
I asked my neuros and they told me since I still have my AVM/DAVF - that I can’t do it. I still have some weakness and much pain after my stroke so was hoping I could do it.
But I have a younger sister who had to have big skin graph 10 years ago and often has trouble with it. This might be a solution we could do for her leg to help her.
Thank you.
Angela

I’m so sorry that it’s still not a choice for you Angela :smiling_face_with_tear: I think it’s a definite choice once the pesky avm is gone. I was petrified of risking it but lo and behold still avm free :slight_smile: I graduated from angiograms unless it’s an emergency and I need one since it’s been 5+ years and no avm activity is present. I am now working on recovering functionality in my arm/hand using the Myomo and it’s working wonders. I don’t want to psyche myself though!! I’m still waiting for that unexpected plot twist lol!!

1 Like