Less Migraines

Ever since I had my radiosurgery last May I have averaged about 1 migraine a DAY.This has been a dramatic change for me considering prior to my procedure I was usually getting about 1 or 2 migraines a MONTH. Anyways, March is over and as we enter April (my birth month) I looked back on how many migraines I had during March. I ended up having about 18. This is actually rounding up because I’ve been experiencing situations where I’m really not sure if I’m just have vision issues or having a migraine so I usually count just in case. 18 is still alot for me. I’m anxious because I want my AVM closed off so my husband and I can try to start our family. I was ready to begin our family years ago but knew I needed to get things together with my health first. I have no idea what’s going on up there. I’m hoping the AVM is on the verge of completely closing off. Patience has never been something I’ve had a lot of so this is giving me lots of practice.

1 Like

Soon be one year since Radiosurgery, so that time is moving along! The challenges certainly seem great, and I wonder if it may not be some swelling due to the radiation? I know frequently at around the 6 month mark swelling is not uncommon and some folks even need a course of steroids. May be worth a discussion with your Dr. I had gamma knife in November 2016 and just got the all clear in February so I understand the time challenge but I did find for me I thought about it less and less as time went by, specially in year two. I had an MRI with contrast after one year, then after two years and then the angio that gave the definitive answer. Are you scheduled for a one year scan that may give you an idea of how things are progressing? Take Care, John.

1 Like

I’m scheduled for an angiogram at the end of may. I was told back at my 6 month that things were progressing further than is usual so I’m hopeful. I’m trying not to get my hopes too high for the angiogram but I do want positive news.