I've come to the conclusion that I think I'm depressed

I’ve been reading a book lately that someone has let me borrow - 90 minutes in heaven. I seem to be relating to too many things that this poor guy went through in the book where he descibes his depression state. I have not read the whole thing yet but I’m sharing quite a few moments of…this sounds just like me…and it’s a little scary. But when you come through a brain surgery, a coma, ICU, Rehab to learn to re-walk, eat, etc. just to get back on your feet and then have to face option/s of treatment/s life get a little over"ly" welming so who wouldn’t have freakout moments, right?

But I have two little kids, a job that I love and a husband that saved my life literally when I went down in August 2007 with a bleed so I have a lot to be thankful for and a second chance to live…so therefore I have told myself to suck it up and to continue being strong and possitive because one day things may be half way normal again…without worry. However long that might take…

…each day is a true blessing from God!

I pray to St. Michael for all of us who are on this site and others out there that do not know about their situation yet. And also to St. Luke who is my confirmation saint.

Beth

Hi Beth, I think I know what you mean. My AVM experience has not been as dramatic as yours, but I also feel very depressed. I know I should be feeling very lucky, grateful and blessed. Most of the time I feel dissatisfied, angry and sad instead. For me, it’s like getting a second chance at life, and realizing that nothing in my life is quite working. I just want to say, it’s really ok to let yourself grieve, and to feel sad. You have been through something really traumatic, physically and emotionally. Give yourself permission to let it out, keeping it in can just make it worse. I hope you feel better soon.
Sincerely,
Marilyn

Hi Beth,
Funny I read that book before I went into surgery. I never knew that I would feel similar to that guy but I do and did! I keeping the faith that all will get better and I will learn to live with the aftermath of all this. It’s so hard to stay positive when in pain.
Sending Angel light and love…d