Is there anyone who has had AVM removed from Brain Stem?

I'm after any information on Brain Stem removal that has been successful. I have already had three AVM'S removed and the Brain Stem has been dormant for many years. Do I need to have this checked regularly? Or am I worrying over nothing? It is always on my mind?

Shorty.

Shorty, we have a brain stem group you may wish to join. Just click on "Groups" at the top of the page to find it. You can also use the search box at the upper right corner to check for others with brain stem avms. As to whether it needs to be checked, what does you neuro say? And when was your last scan?

I had a CCM removed from my brainstem in March of 2013. I was told inoperable by many neurosurgeons. I found Dr.Robert Spetzler,the best brainstem neuro surgeon in the world. He is at the Barrow Neurological Institute, in Phoenix Arizona. I am doing fantastic compared to what my Dr's told me I would be like "if" I had surgery.

Thankyou dandelionwishes. I'm in Australia though, so would prefer indo. from there. But , fantastic that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Shorty.

Thankyou for your info. I had my last CT in 2005. I haven't seen my Neuro. since 2005. He doesn't want to see me unless I feel any changes, or if I wish to see him for a check up. I have the philosophy though that you don't go unless you are sick as you us other patients holes. Do you think otherwise? I will though look at the info. on Brain Stem Group though. Thankyou.

Shorty.