Introdution

Atul

The extreme loss of energy can be caused by your operation. A good proportion of people who have an embolization or gamma knife report a loss of energy. I don’t remember how long that takes to clear or how variable it is. I think some people can suffer from it for a long time. I hope yours is more temporary.

Like Joe says above, a brain assault, whether by surgery or embolization is a big thing. Think in terms of months before you feel better, not days or weeks.

The other tips I’ve seen include:

• Make sure you’re staying well hydrated.
  • Go to bed early and get proper recuperative rest. Trying to just carry on as before is overdoing it.

As for my dizziness, my head felt quite dizzy afterwards. See the link I included in my post last week. It faded away rather than just clearing up. It became more of an odd feeling in my head – when walking or driving, it felt a bit unsuitable for driving – but my doctor gave me some rules regarding driving as to whether I needed to stop and my consultant encouraged me that recovery takes a long time. He didn’t say how long!

I had a recurrence of more significant dizziness in November but it passed in a week.

Today, I’d say I’m not dizzy. I fell pretty good – I said 99% the other day – but I do have less good days. I think if your operation is significant, it can take a long time to be back close to 100%. And 99% is very, very good. Much better than some.

Hope this helps,

Richard