Quantcast

AVM Survivors Network

Internal tremors 1 year after gamma knife

Hi. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced internal tremors after gamma knife and why they happen? I’ve spent the last 5 nights having them and they are getting progressively worse. Last night I woke up about 6 times with my left cheek and left arm shaking extremely fast for about 5-10 minutes. Although I couldn’t see it, I could feel it. It also felt numb at other times until I moved it. My AVM is in the right Parietal lobe. I’m hoping it’s the AVM closing up! :slight_smile: Thanks for any replies. Gill.

Yes. I had them too, twice. I had them in 2000 after gamma knife and in 2010 after craniotomy. Apparently according to doctor they are your body’s way of coping with head trauma. Definitely follow up with your doc if you have questions, but you’re not going crazy! Hang in there!

1 Like

Arh thank you that’s good to know. I did ask my GP doctor but she didn’t have a clue.

1 Like

I think most GP’s are clueless when it comes to AVM’s or colds! That’s why this group is so wonderful. We know s–t the GP’s don’t have a clue about. As such, we have to keep this group going and growing!

Sharon D…

1 Like

I would liken it too a fighter pilot. I liked planes growing up and so I read a whole lot of books and stuff about em. Now you wont catch me in the seat of one of those. I can’t even drive a car anymore for goodness sake for poor eyesight! But my interest in the subject possibly exposed me to material that a fighter pilot may not know (but probably does).

Same goes for brain trauma. The docs get all the training and education. But you and I are in the driver’s seat. It’s our brain! So, if you got something going on that you can’t explain but bothers you, take it to the professional to have em take a look at it! Otherwise, you may be missing something that they need to know about! And of course, sites like Avmsurvivors and your local brain injury services (mine is www.biav.net) can get you in contact with your local services! Blessings as you continue!