Intense Head Pressure

I have 9 more days until I see a neurosurgeon, my mirgraines have taken a break after I stopped lifting weights and cut out caffeine; however the pressure behind my left ear is intense and spreading across my head this evening. I feel like my ears constantly need to pop throughout the day but the pressure is scaring me. Does anyone else feel instense pressure. My avm is unruptured and in my left pons near my left cranial nerve. Thank you to everyone that reaches out, it helps immensely during this waiting period. I was doing okay today until I got back on google. UGH

2 Likes

Hello @lisa I am so glad you stopped lifting weights and obviously take it easy- My avm is a davf behind my left ear but months before my avm formed I had massive stroke due to 5 blood clots that were all over my brain and your symptoms sound similiar- I too get migraines and just thought my migraines were changing. Please if your headaches get any worse go to the best ER with someone who knows what is going on with you and can alert your neuro surgeon. Hugs Angela

1 Like

Lisa,

Hi! I feel I went through similar things to you in the period from Jan 2017 through to early April 2017 when I had my op. I think the pressure feeling is the blood gushing into a vein and going both ways along the vein, not just “downhill” or “downstream” back to the heart.

While waiting for my op, I found it was worst at night, when lying down and I’d get more dizzy. So, I started to use a bunch of pillows to prop me up (like they do in hospital sometimes) but I can’t say I sleep very well like that. I did find it seemed to take the pressure off a bit so was my “favourite” (not really favourite!) way of sleeping through that period.

The more you think about it, the more you’ll worry, so try to put it out of your mind. Nine days isn’t three months – you can get through those nine days.

Very best wishes,

Richard

1 Like

I had ear popping, tinnitus, ear ticking with exercise, right labyrinth hypofunction( imbalance following acute vertigo) . and pain from a tube issue following radiation( can’t recall that name right now) that had improved or gone completely away. The imbalance remains the biggest symptom, and I now get pressure behind my right ear mostly at night 2 years post radiation. It feels like a blood flow issue and sometimes I wonder if its stress related as no one has ever said any of these issues relate to my large AVM, 7 aneurysms or brain radiation. I’m right frontal parietal.
Best wishes to you!
Shelley

1 Like

I had same symptoms
After 3 embolizations I am obliterated
I opted to avoid GK as first option since a lot of people do GK and then they bleed a year later

Please don’t be overconfident

Lisa, I am SO SORRY for your migraines, pressures, ear problems etc! All back in the 1980s, I had major migraine headaches almost every day & grand mal seizures @ twice a month. Each year, I got worse & worse. It took me a whole DECADE to decide on brain surgery, but I DID it in1990! My neurosurgen, Dr. Robert Spetzler in Pheonix, Arizona, DID warn me of the risks, but I still went for it. I WAS READY. Imagine, for YOU, 30 years later after my surgeries, what all the PLUSSES have been made w/correcting AVMs, right? TOAST!
Good luck & may God be w/YOU!
Lisa

I had a rupture, I lifted weights all the way up to it - I never even stopped. I noticed symptoms of pressure behind my ear & a pulse that was almost constant right before the rupture happened

But, I never figured it to be what it was - let alone what it caused

@Lisa

I hope you’re doing ok. Your post was a while ago and you were heading in to see your neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks but that will be months ago now, so I hope you are ok.

Very best wishes,

Richard

1 Like