INSPIRATIONS (warning: schmaltzy)

ok, more cheeseball musings from ashok: the 'statistics' thread got me thinking! what other things in culture (songs, words, films, etc) give you inspiration, or even make you perversely proud to have had avms?

i'll go first:

'Born the Way" (song by Lady Gaga)

cant wait to hear everyone's additions!

ashok
www.ashokrajamani.com

got another one --

'geek love' quote(1983 book by katherine dunn):

"A true freak cannot be made. A true freak must be born!"

"A true freak cannot be made. A true freak must be born."

oops i obviously meant 'born THIS way"

ok, no more loony rantings from me, i promise!

I must say, you got me thinking (as I still have my avm).

But, one of my old favorite songs, which I sang as a kid in chorus, was a song from "Godspell" called: "Day By Day"

Eagles: "Fly Like an Eagle"

"Another Day" (song from musical Rent) - made even more poignant considering Writer Jonathan Larson's sudden death from surpise aortic aneurysm right before it opened. some lyrics:

There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last
There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today

Ashok, I love the freak one. I’m going to have to borrow it and post it on my Facebook page! I just love it! As for me, I think the Coldplay song The Scientist speaks well for me. There’s tons more I’m sure, but my brain is tired and they’re not coming to me at the moment. And don’t stop your rantings, I rather enjoyed this one!

Train- Calling All Angels ...Still brings me to my knees but helped me, as a parent, during the time after my son was diagnosed and treated because I felt so lost and scared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaG9SDxwPBg

"I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me"

AND I was definitely calling on angels...

Hi Ashok. I have several songs I love that I have posted on here. Songs perk me up! I just posted a video of 100 Million Miracles on my page!!!!!

I would love to see some other people post their favorite ones too!