In Case You Wanted To Know

In Case You Wanted to Know…

It is possible to having a hearing aid case fall out of your pocket without you realizing it.

In Case You Wanted to Know - not everyone with hearing loss due to AVM’s have it show the traditional “reduced hearing” way.

It’s possible to have a hearing loss and it come from inside your brain or the nerves that communicate from and not from those little waves/Hairy things (technical terms, sorry.)

In Case You Wanted to Know if your hearing loss happens that way, you won’t always need hearing aids. Sometimes you’ll need things to quiet down, the volume of everything, because it’s all TOO LOUD!

Even though you can’t understand it - in case you wanted to know.

In Case You Wanted to Know, what Apple is doing with hearing aid engineers is downright ingenious and life changing - but it also means you have more pressure to always have, not necessarily the newest phone but ones that can handle the newest software.

In Case You Wanted to Know, these new “hearables” (I think that’s what they call them), can make it easier to hear the guy behind the mic than the guy right next to you. “I do no know, go ask your Dad.”

In Case You Wanted to Know, when they do fall out of your pocket, Murphy’s Law of Secondary Motion states that they will land just outside of where you can reach and just outside of where you can see - even if you have a smaller person in the house.

In Case You Wanted to Know, If you drop your hearing aid case and have looked in all rational places, then move to the irrational places… Or, as I have often said to the aggravation of my kids, “If you can’t find it where it should be, look where it shouldn’t be.”

In this case, that worked out wonderfully. Step #1, flip the recliner upside down (taking care to preserve the wood floor that was installed before Teddy Roosevelt was President. Step 2. Look underneath and from behind. Still no luck. Step #3 Lay it on a rug on its side. As we did that, we could hear it tumble loose and when we moved it back, there it was!

Whew that was a lot of work for one thing to not fall out of a pocket. Now, how to avoid it happening again…

In Case…

TJ

4 Likes