I would like anyone's advice on this topic

What should I do? The person I am living with is dying and I have no place to go. Should I check into a nursing home ??

It’s definitely worth finding out what kinds of supported accommodation is available: I would think there should be different levels of support in different settings. I think in the UK, nursing home is the upper end of the care spectrum. Then you get warden supported flats and there’s a scale between the two.

I went to visit a retirement village in Derbyshire a few weeks ago (I was helping at a flu & COVID vaccination centre that had been set up there) and it was a fantastic place, with individual flats with the ability to buy into a number of levels of care support and facilities that were good enough to be open to the public: a bistro, a public library, a “village hall” (which was where we were doing the vaccinations, but was set up for music, dancing, plays) etc.

The trick will be finding somewhere that is appropriate for you at a level you can afford. Over here, it gets very expensive very quickly. And I’m guessing it may also be a challenge if some places set a minimum age.

Richard I found a place that will help me out with most things, such a transportation, laundry, food which is my needs. Their prices are very reasonable. I am so glad.

2 Likes

I think that’s really good. Well done!

1 Like