I made it through radio surgery!

Thanks to everyone at this website for helping me through this.

It was a very long day (12hrs) at the hospital-but everyone there has been amazing.

I had the mask put on at about 7:30am, CT scan after that, 2.5 hr angio after that, followed by 4hrs of recovery and then the radio surgery. Phewww.

This was about 4 days ago and I still don’t think I have yet recovered. I feel pretty good, but I hope I feel much better soon.

How long should it take to recover from this?

Thanks again to everyone.

jim,
so happy to hear all went well…take it easy…and rest up …it has been a big stress for your body…give yourself a little time take care

Wow, what a day! Glad to hear you’re feeling pretty good.

Sounds like a very long day! Get lots of rest now so that you can make a full recovery!

so happy the radio surgery went well,been praying for you and veryone here at avm family,i had radio surgery too,almost two years ago and am having my third mri tomorrow,I ened up with a halo,yuck,next time if ever,i want the mask too,so how are you feeling…all ok…many prayers my friend

I had the procedure four days ago and I still think I am really tired from it all. Is this possible? I feel very exhausted emotionally, also. I still have marks from the mask/halo-but they are healing slowly.

I feel very lucky, but how long should it take to recover from all this?

I’m not sure how long recovery should take but I see Dr. Rosenwasser tomorrow, 5-11-09, I’ll ask him. He is my second opinion doctor, he is doing an angiogram or arteriogram, not sure what it is called, on me Monday. He is going to let me know if he can do GK on me because my only option now is surgery. I’m hoping for something less invasive after embo gave me a stroke. I don’t want to see what craniotomy will do. I rather try the less invasive procedure. It looks to me that my avm don’t like invasion. We will see.
Hopefully, I’ll get back to you by Tuesday 5-12-09.

Peace,
Ameenah

Hi Jim,

It sounds like you had a long day, but I’m sure it will be worth it. Hang in there and give yourself plenty of time to get better. I am slowly learning how patient you have to be with anything that is neuro.

I hope you have a full recovery.

Good luck,

Mike

It’s been almost 2 weeks. How are you doing today?

Hi JIm, I’m sorry, but I didn’t get a chance to talk to the doctor, I was knocked out and when they woke me up he was gone. I saw the assistant, wanted to talk to the top guy, but he was moving too quick. I found out from the assistant that I will be able to get GK or something like it so you’ll probably be able to tell me more than I can tell you because you have already gone through it. I hope he fatigue is gone.

Peace,
Ameenah

Ben Munoz said:

It’s been almost 2 weeks. How are you doing today?

Hey Ben,

Sorry for the delayed response to your message. I feel much better now than I did for days after the procedure. I am back to how I felt prior to the procedure(?!) I have confidence in the radio surgery and the large group of doctors who were a part of it. I am learning to live with the residual effects of the initial bleed-so I am now hoping the radio surgery will do its thing and I can relax (mentally) a lot more. Thanks for the website and I hope all is well with you.

Mike Roberts said:

Hi Jim,

It sounds like you had a long day, but I’m sure it will be worth it. Hang in there and give yourself plenty of time to get better. I am slowly learning how patient you have to be with anything that is neuro.

Hey Mike. Thanks for your message, and sorry for the delayed response. I feel better now than I did for days following the procedure-for obvious reasons. I am glad its all over and now I just have to wait for the radio surgery to do its thing. I hope all is well with you.

I hope you have a full recovery.

Good luck,

Mike