I have an AVM and high blood flow aneurism in my occipital lobe

Hi Linda, have you spoken to the gamma knife people or doctor about your symptoms as maybe you could have an MRI ASAP just to be on the safe side. I know I did when ever I was concerned. I hope you’re OK. It’s a long hard wait isn’t it. I’ve been waiting nearly 2 years and it’s not easy. X

1 Like

I am waiting to go on March 13, having another MRI and seeing my neurosurgeon Dr. Fraiser at UK in Lexington. It is a long wait. I just figured my symptoms seem to be what a lot of other people on here have, so I am waiting to see what they say. Thank you! I hope all is well with you.

Hi Linda, I’m pleased you’re getting checked out, it’s best to make sure you’re OK. Let us know how you get on. Was your gamma knife to treat your AVM and your aneurism? X

Yes it was to treat them both, if it works. If not, he said brain surgery in 3 years. So hopefully it works. I will update after my March appointment. Thank you very much for asking.

Yes please do and I’m sure it will work. X

1 Like

I believe it will too. Thank you

I went yesterday for my 6 month check up. He said my AVM has shrunk a little, and I have some brain swelling around the site. He said he won’t treat the swelling, but look out for worse headaches and nausea. Call immediately. Angiogram soon and it will show more. Does that sound promising?

Linda,

It sounds ok to me! We know that at the six month mark, things start to shuffle around a bit, so it sounds like the doc is not surprised by a bit of swelling going on and not alarmed, which is good. I agree with him that if you get more worrisome symptoms to treat them with concern and act promptly.

Meanwhile, relax, the zapping is doing a bit of work and every day that goes forwards, hopefully you’re a tiny bit more healthy / lower risk than you were yesterday.

Keep up the good work!

Richard

Hi Linda, I’m glad to hear you’re OK and some of the AVM has gone, that’s great news. I hope the angiogram goes OK and the swelling goes down. keep us updated. Take care. Gill.

Thank you! He said shrunk a little, that’s hope. Not obliterated yet but there’s hope.

1 Like