I have a date!

I met my neurosurgeon at the Gamma Knife Centre on Tuesday this week, he is a lovely man and he made me feel very relaxed and answered a lot of questions I had. He didn't have my pictures to hand, so couldn't tell me the exact size of my AVM, which I was disspointed about, but he did tell me the Whooshing I hear all the time in my head is actually my AVM!

He expected my surgery to take place in a couple on months.

Today I had a phone call from the centre.... they gave me a date.

It's a week today!!!! Wednesday 23rd February!

He told me that my speech and movement in my right side are the things that would be affected, should I suffer any bleeds or swelling.

Hopefully I will come home next thursday with nothing more than a bad headache....

Wish me luck!

Lena, It really helps to have a Doctor that truly like! I wish you luck and will pray for you…Peace and Serenity!

Forgot to write…my AVM was on my left temporal lobe, also. If you have any questions…Please don’t hesitate to ask.

all of are thoughts and prayers are with you. will be thinking about you. Let us know how you are doing when you are up to it. Best of luck !!! Tonna

Good Luck Lena!!! My prayers are with you. :slight_smile: I’m gald they were able to get you in soon. It’s hard to believe that avms can be so noisy…they need a volume switch (I hear mine too, at times).

Good Luck! Wishing you all the best!

I had my gamma knife on 22nd, the worst bit was the frame, once that was over the rest was easy! My AVM had split into 2 parts, joined by a thin bit in the middle, they said it was 3.8cc (whatever that means). I was in the gamma knife machine for almost 3 hours. After being transfered to a ward for the night I had 3 massive seizures during the night, I bit my tongue really badly and can’t eat or drink and I feel so exhausted. I’ve got anti-seizure meds so hopefully they will work, but now I am faced with loosing my driving license. I can remember the first seizure, but not the second two, it’s definately the most scary thing thats ever happened to me. Apparently I ripped my canula out when I was fitting too!!!

Mannnn!!! I don’t want to sound crude but, at least you were still in the hospital when it happened. Seizures are scary, it’s something that we have no control over (no matter how hard we try). Hopefully the meds are working for you. Get well soon.

I know your tongue is probably a mess now. It’s hard to believe but that actually will heal very rapidly. I would recommend some power shakes so you do not have to chew. I’m so sorry about the seizures.

Lena Court said:

I had my gamma knife on 22nd, the worst bit was the frame, once that was over the rest was easy! My AVM had split into 2 parts, joined by a thin bit in the middle, they said it was 3.8cc (whatever that means). I was in the gamma knife machine for almost 3 hours. After being transfered to a ward for the night I had 3 massive seizures during the night, I bit my tongue really badly and can't eat or drink and I feel so exhausted. I've got anti-seizure meds so hopefully they will work, but now I am faced with loosing my driving license. I can remember the first seizure, but not the second two, it's definately the most scary thing thats ever happened to me. Apparently I ripped my canula out when I was fitting too!!!