How many hours did your crainiotomy last?

Want to know everybodys stories.I’m having surgery on the 22nd and I know everybodys different but just wanted to know what kind of avm you had and how many hours your surgery took ? Thanks you

Hi Kevin. My crainiotomy took 13 hours from beginning to the post op angio. My AVM was located on my R temporal lobe. I was in the hospital a day shy of 2 weeks, but was only there for that long because of a minor bleed during the angio. Good luck with surgery! It is coming up real soon and hope that your nerves are as calm as they can be.

gosh do they really take that long!

Jamie Pantelis said:

Hi Kevin. My crainiotomy took 13 hours from beginning to the post op angio. My AVM was located on my R temporal lobe.

good idea for a thread kevin. my craniotomy is on the 23rd and you just made me realise i have no idea how long i’ll be under for.
i’m currently breastfeeding so now i’m worried about getting mastitis from having my breasts full too long. will hardly be able to sit up after to empty them!

Wow youre having yours a day after mine. Hopefully i will be able to tell you how mine went.Im sure you are going to be fine just stay positive :slight_smile:

HI!

My craniotomy took 12 hrs. MY avm is located on left frontal lobe....he was on a position that it was on a curve that it was only possible to removed some of it, lthe md did wherever he could anyways....I was at the hospital for 2weeks...Good luck my friend and have faith that everything will come out ok....YOu have to go there with a positive attitud.....Wish you the best you be on my prayers....